Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Metal!

Adventures in metalworking! This is an attempt to make a neat stand for a decorative Day of the Dead skull candle holder that a friend of mine made for me. The skull is made from sheet metal and stained glass with a candle that goes behind the glass in the eyes to light up. Problems arose when I realized that it would be way too close to the wall when a candle was burning, so I did what any crazy person does... I went digging in the garage. I found a gear that my father machined when he was in school and I found a cam from a motorcycle that no longer needed it, haha. I welded up a stand to hold the skull, and I think it came out pretty cool looking.
Ok, so the weld isn't the prettiest, but I think it came out looking good.


The stand in action!
The DoD skull made by the fantastic Jessica VanNess

No comments:

Post a Comment